Thursday, March 24, 2011

Do Evil People Pray to God?

                                                                    Absolutely!

 I started thinking about this question when I was listening to the radio and the host was discussing with one of the callers about racism. The caller stated that racism was manifested when one group had power over another and exercised it. The host said that the current Ku Klux Klan did not have power over anyone and was pretty much irrelevant with the mainstream of America and did not have any power would you consider them racist? The caller conceded the point and then went and stated that the members of the Southern Baptist Church in the 1960's were not praying to the same God in their services as the other Baptist group because the Southern Baptists had racist leanings . Most of them I am sure were praying to the Triune God. I say most because only God can judge the heart and there are unbelievers and hypocrites in the church.

 What part of Jesus Christ dying for the sins of mankind did this guy not understand? I do not advocate racism and it is one ugly sin but so are they all and I am sure that everyone in the Baptist fold who supposedly was the oppressed( as the caller called them) and the racist Southern Baptists were sinners. Guess what? Christ died for the sins of both groups and I am sure both groups would affirm this. What is apparent is that the people praying in both churches were praying to God as the sinners they were or are as some are  as they are probably still alive.

 Even better than this I am not a racist but I am evil as my sins are to many to list. Isn't that the reason Christ came to save an evil mankind( you and me) and shape them into his image? The great exchange of Christ and his righteousness for us changes one heart and soul  and I feel pretty confident Christ's change happened in the lives of some of the racists and the unfortunate victims of their sin as the Holy Ghost works within us.

 So evil men do pray to Christ! We even have had evil clergy who have done so recently. I am sinner and a saint and as an evil man I pray to Christ for forgiveness and mercy and ask Him to change me more and more each day. However, not all evil men do this!

No comments: